Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bio

Born in Reading, Berkshire in 1983 I grew up in Letchworth, Hertfordshire. I then went to the London School of Economics to study Economics and Economic History BSc and then Economic History MSc.

While at university I wrote for the LSE student newspaper, the Beaver, and did a lot of debating. At the Beaver I became a rather successful editor of the features section and a rather mediocre managing editor. In debating I reached the grand final at Oxford and won the University College London and Manchester Intervarsity and World Masters' competitions.
In breaks from university I worked for a life assurance company based in Birmingham, travelled to China to make a start at learning Mandarin and ventured to Siberia to investigate Lake Baikal.

Over the last year I've been working at the TaxPayers' Alliance as a Policy Analyst - focussing mostly on public service delivery and environmental policy. In my spare time I've been writing this blog since 2005. It has covered just about every issue imaginable and was nominated for the Conservative Home Best Young Conservative Blogger award.

No comments: