Tuesday, February 27, 2007

CF Diary Piece

I have a post up on CF Diary about the task of creating a Conservative Future that encourages thoughtful young Conservatives. Well worth a read, if I do say so myself.

This actually relates quite nicely to a recent post. Gracchi has graciously named me in his meme post as writing a blog that makes him think. I've been trying to work up a response to this for a few days and there are some candidates but I'm not sure I could make it to five from the British blogosphere, particularly without repeating from Gracchi's list. Look at the analysis links in my blogroll and you'll see a preponderance of Americans.

If British conservatives want to stick to what they do best now, quick rebuttals of idiotic lefties in the mainstream media, they will still fulfill a desperately useful function and I'm not going to tell people what to do with their own free time. However, I think that an analytical focus in the blogs will increase as the medium matures, as I set out in a post for the BUCF. There are quite a few Conservative blogs which are clearly capable of analytical thinking and it seems to me that, in the medium term, this will come to be how they distinguish themselves from each other as the fairly limited supply of blogging "scoops" is not enough to go around. Blogs which think a little deeper are, I believe, the future.

No comments: