I've been tagged by Jackart with a meme. It does what it says on the tin. Here goes:
1. Memoirs of a Geisha makes me think about Nietzsche.
2. I get inordinately frustrated by people who do anything but watch quietly during films, whether at the cinema or at home.
3. Every year I celebrate my birthday with close friends at an event called Mattmas which is a combination of a birthday party and Christmas Day held around December 10th (my birthday) but with a Christmas tree, turkey etc. It's sacrilicious.
4. I think Gladiator was a bad film. Really bad. On the other hand I think Kingdom of Heaven was utterly brilliant if, in some ways, flawed.
5. I have my own, real-life, catchphrases which get into the head of friends and then confuse strangers. A longstanding example is referring to everyone as "genius"; it works both affectionately and sarcastically and I can make it amusingly hard to tell the difference. I'd share more examples but they'll sound really strange, in person I can make the whole process somewhat verbally elegant.
6. I miss the Royal Festival Hall and regularly pine for its return despite only having gone there perhaps a dozen times.
I'll pass this one on to Dave Cole, Gracchii and Mr. Eugenides.