Wednesday, January 24, 2007

6 Weird Things About Me

I've been tagged by Jackart with a meme. It does what it says on the tin. Here goes:

1. Memoirs of a Geisha makes me think about Nietzsche.

2. I get inordinately frustrated by people who do anything but watch quietly during films, whether at the cinema or at home.

3. Every year I celebrate my birthday with close friends at an event called Mattmas which is a combination of a birthday party and Christmas Day held around December 10th (my birthday) but with a Christmas tree, turkey etc. It's sacrilicious.

4. I think Gladiator was a bad film. Really bad. On the other hand I think Kingdom of Heaven was utterly brilliant if, in some ways, flawed.

5. I have my own, real-life, catchphrases which get into the head of friends and then confuse strangers. A longstanding example is referring to everyone as "genius"; it works both affectionately and sarcastically and I can make it amusingly hard to tell the difference. I'd share more examples but they'll sound really strange, in person I can make the whole process somewhat verbally elegant.

6. I miss the Royal Festival Hall and regularly pine for its return despite only having gone there perhaps a dozen times.

I'll pass this one on to Dave Cole, Gracchii and Mr. Eugenides.

1 comment:

Gracchi said...

Just when I was enjoying your list I got to the bottom:)

I have to agree about films that's a pet hate of mine as well- I hate even people moving during watching films.